Jim Ickes and Joel Holt are not only attorneys; they are certified privacy professionals. The attorneys of ICKES HOLT are experts in information security and privacy law. ICKES HOLT stands ready to support your organization in the following areas:
- Assist clients to develop, draft, and modify corporate governance policies for information security and privacy as well as attendant protocols to ensure compliance with pertinent state and federal laws.
- Assist clients to develop and implement information security incident response plans.
- Engage in table top exercises with clients to test efficacy of information security policies and incident response plans.
- Advise clients with respect to third-party vendor contracts and allocation of liability related to information handling and data breaches.
- Assist clients by coordinating with cybersecurity experts, including CISSPs, to ensure periodic assessment of clients’ network security.
- Assist clients by coordinating with business continuity experts to develop, maintain, and test business continuity plans.
- Assist clients by coordinating with risk management and risk assessment experts to develop, maintain, and test Incident Management Plans.
- Advise clients, in the event of a data breach, with respect to all relevant privacy and data breach notification laws.
- Assist clients navigate information security related investigations and audits.
- Assist clients litigate information security and privacy claims in state and federal courts and administrative enforcement actions.
The attorneys at ICKES HOLT advise healthcare organizations, including hospitals, physicians, dentists, chiropractors, and counselors, about compliance with the Privacy and Security Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or “HIPAA.” ICKES HOLT also has expertise and experience in most information security and privacy laws and regulations, including:
- Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd Frank Act)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)—medical records provisions
- Ohio Data Breach Notifications Act
- Section 5 of Federal Trade Commission Act
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) regulations
- Securities & Exchange Commission cybersecurity regulations
- U./U.S. Privacy Shield
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
In today’s digital economy, nothing is more important than your organization’s information assets. ICKES HOLT has the expertise, experience, and foresight to help your organization protect those information assets and not only meet, but exceed, regulatory compliance standards. Call ICKES HOLT today to set up a consultation.